Remember that time Natasha went to Toronto to hang with the cool kids at Shopify Unite 2019? We’ve got updates! Check out the latest and the greatest platform upgrades erchants can expect from Shopify this year:
For the merchant looking to streamline their checkout flow
New Shopify Point of Sale cart app extensions for the win.
A newly designed Shopify POS and cart app extensions are on the way! Drawing on merchant feedback, Shopify is redesigning the POS to better fit retail staff and provide quick access to a plethora of new apps, as well as creating a unified backoffice to sync customers, inventory and orders. This will be a godsend for merchants who sell subscriptions – no more using two payment processors!
Merchants will also enjoy faster checkout, refunds/exchanges and global search.
For the merchant who wants more control over their store design
A freshly designed workspace to edit your website.
To help merchants fully visualize the design of their website before it goes live, Shopify is placing more control over store layout and aesthetic in merchant’s hands. Check out how Shopify’s customization options are expanding:
- Merchants will be able to customize any page using sections like what is currently on the homepage.
- Need to duplicate copy or images across multiple pages? Soon merchants will be able to create Master Pages of content that can be applied to more than one page.
- Store content will stay in place as changes are made to a store. Merchants will now update or change their website theme without needing to move content over manually.
- Editing and previewing website updates will be a cinch in Shopify’s newly designed workspace.
For the merchant embracing video in their digital marketing strategy
New native video support for products.
According to Think with Google, 60% of shoppers say online video has given them ideas or inspiration for their purchase. By adding native video and 3D model support to the product section, Shopify is giving merchants the opportunity to up the ante when it comes to marketing product features and benefits.
Videos will be accessible in the same place merchants currently manage images. P.S. Get ready for an abundance of new editor apps and custom integrations!
For the merchant who needs some extra spice in a website
Creating custom experiences just got easier.
With Shopify’s new custom storefront tools, merchants will be able to create personalized experiences for customers using more interactive mediums. Think: better engagement with customers using voice shopping, live streams, smart mirrors and more.
For the merchant who’s all about loyalty, loyalty, loyalty
Reward your customers easier.
Shopify has come bearing gifts in the form of new Shopify Point of Sale cart app extensions. With the new extentionsions, merchants will be able to edit and apply customer loyalty points and discounts directly from the customer cart. With ample loyalty and retention apps that integrate seamlessly with merchants’ POS checkout flow and online stores, there will be no need to interrupt checkout or click elsewhere to retrieve customer details (birthdays, reward milestones, etc).
For the merchant who’s ready to go global
Get ready for seamless cross-border selling.
For merchants who operate stores in a language other English, Shopify is adding eleven new languages (Dutch, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Malay, Hindi, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, and Thai) to provide solutions for over 2 billion people around the world. In addition, merchants will be able sell in multiple currencies with Shopify Payments! Soon customers will be able to convert between the following currencies: GBP, AUD, CAD, EUR, HKD, JPY, NZD, SGD, and USD.
For the merchant who’s all about scaling operations
Keep your customers fulfilled with the Shopify Fulfillment Network.
Shopify is making it much easier for merchants to fulfill orders (and customer’s hearts) with the soon-to-come Shopify Fulfillment Network. The network consists of a series of dispersed fulfillment centers that use machine learning to help merchants ship items more efficiently. Here’s what you can expect:
- Smart inventory services: Order, inventory and customer data will sync and remain up-to-date across all warehouse locations. When it’s time to ship a product, the network will automatically select the closest fulfillment location that has optimal inventory. Time to restock? Merchants receive a notification letting them know. In addition, merchants can rest easy knowing Shopify guarantees 99.5% order accuracy.
- Someone to call on when you need help: Merchants can expect a dedicated account manager to help guide them through the world of simplified shipping.
- The Shopify Fulfillment Network is currently available in the US. Interested merchants can apply now for early access!
So, what do you think? All pretty exciting announcements, right? If you want to learn more and be kept abreast of the updates as these babies roll out this year, make sure you’ve joined our newsletter list – we’ll be sharing there and on Instagram!