Nicely Built is a close-knit team of creative professionals. We spend our days designing compelling brands and creating beautiful, user-friendly e-commerce websites built for conversion. We host an awesome monthly morning event for the Atlanta Shopify community (complete with coffee and donuts!). We prioritize work/life balance and enjoy a drama-free work environment. This position is contract-to-permanent position reporting to the Managing Director.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Translate layered design files into a fully responsive Shopify and Wordpress themes
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Work with Project Manager to ensure work requests are completed to specification by their assigned due dates
- Monitor the Nicely Built support ticket system and resolve reported issues in a timely fashion
- Advanced knowledge of Wordpress and Shopify development
- Must be able to follow instructions and complete work as outlined by Project Manager
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Sketch or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Github
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
Nicely Built is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.