Nicely Built is a close-knit team of creative professionals. We spend our days designing compelling brands and creating beautiful, user-friendly e-commerce websites built for conversion. We host an awesome monthly morning event for the Atlanta Shopify community (complete with coffee and donuts!). We prioritize work/life balance and enjoy a drama-free work environment. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package for all full time positions. Visual Designer is a mid level position reporting to the Managing Director.
The day to day responsibilities of the Visual Designer include creating brand identities and laying out website designs in Sketch/Figma. Second to client facing work, the position is responsible for Nicely Built marketing materials including internal documents, presentations, and social media graphics.
We are looking for this person:
- Seasoned brand designer with a wide aesthetic range and ability to design across a range of styles
- Experienced digital designer with solid experience designing strategic, user-friendly, high-converting e-commerce experiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator who is comfortable talking directly to clients
- Production minded creative who will guide clients and manage all assigned deadlines
- Knowledge of best responsive design practices and strategy
- Exceptional typography and layout skills
- Experience creating wireframes and mockups
- Detailed eye for technical accuracy
- Maintains efficient file and folder structure for ease of document sharing
- Comfortable working collaboratively as well as independently
- 3+ years of professional digital graphic design experience, developing various forms of web graphics, banners, motion graphics, video, social media, and product illustrations
- 3+ years experience using industry tools in a professional setting: Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Photoshop*
- Have a portfolio of strong visual identity system examples (not just logos)
Bonus Experience & Skills:
- Packaging design
- Photo, motion, and/or video experience a plus
- Experience with HTML/CSS a plus
*All candidates will be asked to submit a sample of working files for consideration. We will accept Adobe InDesign packaged art files in a compressed ZIP file format. Upon review, we will not post or share your work. After our review process, we will permanently delete your art files.
Nicely Built is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.