Since "Mexit" took place back in May (Mailchimp’s exit from the Shopify app store), we’ve heard from several NB clients curious about the best email marketing alternatives to integrate with their Shopify sites to keep things rolling smoothly.
While the thought of a full-on platform migration may seem daunting, we prefer this option to syncing Shopify and Mailchimp using a third-party app. When Shopify and your email marketing platform are speaking directly, there is less room for error (I.E. needing to recover information because a random update messed up everything!).
In terms of features and functionality, there are some key offerings an email marketing platform for e-commerce merchants should have:
- The ability to segment audiences (automatic segmentation is even better)
- The ability to implement email automations to nurture every stage of the customer journey
- An easily navigable interface
- Signup and pop-up forms that integrate with Shopify
- In-depth reporting to help merchants better understand their customers
Below, we’ll go over our favorite platforms on the market that do just that. Let’s dive in!
Klaviyo is built with e-commerce merchants in mind and features pre-built and customizable signup forms, well-designed campaign templates, pre-built automated flows, SMS texting, push notifications, and advanced audience segmentation. What sets Klaviyo apart from other platforms is its smart approach to reporting and metrics. Using data science, AI, and machine learning, merchants can grow their businesses faster. Klaviyo provides its users with the power to predict upcoming purchase dates and customer buying cycles, the probability of churn, and customer gender, to name a few.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $30/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $100/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $175/month
Like Klaviyo, Omnisend is a robust platform with a heavy focus on the e-commerce side of things. Omnisend provides users with the ability to implement pre-built automated workflows, integrate multiple channels to meet customers where they’re at in terms of marketing (think SMS messaging, push notifications, social messaging, etc), segment audiences based on behavior, build custom pop-up forms, and more.
Omnisend also boasts fast response times and 24/hour support for users in need of troubleshooting.
- Up to 2,000 subscribers and 24,000 emails/month: $30 per month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers and 60,000 emails/month: $60 per month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers and 120,000 emails/month: $102 per month
Just like Klaviyo and Omnisend, Drip passes the ‘e-commerce email marketing’ test with its audience segmentation capabilities, pre-built campaign templates, workflows, and customer data insights, but what we liked most about Drip is the sheer amount of pre-built workflows that can be put in place to automate email marketing. One being the ‘Price Drop’ notification to let customers know when the price of an item in their cart has been reduced.
Drip also offers multi-channel marketing touchpoints, so users are able to use data from Drip to target their customers on Facebook and Instagram.
- Up to 2,500 contacts: $49/month
- Up to 5,000 contacts: $99/month
- Up to 10,000 emails per month: $184/month
In addition to the must-have features we listed for e-commerce email marketing, Get Response gives users the ability to build landing pages, webinars, create social ads and more within the platform.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers: $15/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers: $45/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers: $65/month
The conclusion? Select the platform that's best for your business needs! If you won’t be hosting webinars anytime soon, Get Response may not be the best email client to use at this time. Whichever route you decide to go, aim to fully migrate to a platform that connects with Shopify directly to avoid any future mishaps that may arise from using third party apps.
If you’re curious about migrating to a new platform, but aren’t sure where to start, let’s discuss! We can help you move all the big stuff (think subscriber lists, automated workflows, campaign templates, and pop-up/signup forms) and show you how to use everything once it’s all said and done! 👉Start the convo.