In eCommerce, social media marketing plays into every facet of a strong marketing strategy. It can be used to boost SEO efforts, build a more positive brand image, spread the word about a new product or service and, most importantly, to boost sales. If you’re new to social media marketing, it can seem like quite an intimidating world. Luckily, we’re here to help you kickstart your first social media campaign, so it’s successful from the beginning.
It’s All About Analytics
Unfortunately, there’s no way to know up front whether your social efforts will work, but you can gather data over time to measure a campaign’s success. The biggest mistake new social marketers make is not focusing enough on analytics. In most cases, the analytics tools offered by the social media channel won’t contain enough data, but partnering with an automated online marketing platform like Springbot can help fill in some of those big gaps.
- Trackable Links — Trackable links are important to your social campaigns because they tell you which social network is bringing the most traffic to your website. They track where a user came from, which can be valuable if you’re trying to measure exactly which social platform is your top performer.
- User Demographics — A data-driven marketing strategy is key in the modern world of social marketing. Adding analytics plug-ins to your eCommerce shopping platform can help identify your target audience. Once you know your audience, you can use social advertising tools to tailor your ads to certain demographics. You should also use the same data to guide your PPC campaigns outside social media.
- Pick the Right Platform — User demographics can also help you determine where to spend the bulk of your marketing money. After you’ve defined your target audience, you can determine where your core shoppers spend most of their time online, ensuring that your ads are effective from the very first campaign you create.
Make Your Ads and Posts Work for You
Social media marketing is great because people return to these platforms frequently, which means you might have dozens of opportunities to market to consumers along their buyer’s journey. A recent statistic from Pew Research Center points out that 75 percent of users check their Facebook account at least once a day. Leveraging your paid ads and posts is one of the best ways to ensure that you’re targeting the right shoppers at the optimal time.
- Retargeted Ads — Retargeted ads are essentially ads that remind users of a product or service they’ve already browsed. Often, they pop up as traditional display ads on other websites, but you can also use Facebook retargeted ads to get consumers back to your website. Make sure to build retargeted ads into your social strategy from the beginning so there are no missed opportunities.
- Use Dynamic Ads — Dynamic ads are ads that change and iterate based on a designated target audience. You should always use dynamic ads instead of static ads to ensure that you’re getting the most relevant advertisements to your target audience. Dynamic Facebook ads can be used to make your paid social media ads more personalized, which means more engagement.
- Think About Timing — Using a social calendar is a great way to help ensure that you’re maximizing the potential of your organic posts. For example, you can schedule posts based on your customer data and when they’re most likely to be online and engaged. This will ensure that you get the most clicks out of every post.
Shoppable is a Worthy Investment
Shoppable content is having a serious moment right now. Plus, it can really help lead consumers to make a purchase and keep cart abandonment at bay. The fact is that one of the biggest customer pain points with promotional content on Pinterest, Instagram and other platforms is that there is not an easy way to shop from a brand’s page. Luckily, there are ways to eliminate that issue, which is something you should do before you officially launch your social campaign. Making your content more interactive and shoppable can seriously ramp up your engagement factor.
- Shoppable Instagram —Transform your Instagram account into a veritable storefront with the help of Springbot’s Advanced Shoppable Instagram This feature allows you to create a custom landing page, placed within your Instagram bio, so that consumers can find exactly what they’re looking for right from your Instagram account.
Springbot provides advanced eCommerce marketing technology for small to medium-size retailers. We make the overwhelming task of running and tracking multi-channel marketing campaigns ridiculously simple, from email and social marketing to online ads, Amazon Marketplace and more.
The key is Springbot’s integration with Big Commerce, Magento and Shopify to deliver the power of data management, marketing automation and analytics. We then take that information and make data-driven marketing recommendations specifically tailored for your needs.